ZenFoodster Eats

Nov 25, 2008

Un-Heavenly Chinese Delivery - Heavenly Bamboo Pavillion

On our 1st order, the food & service were good & came promptly- veggie dumplings, chicken with fang sauce app., string beans, & chicken w/ anchovy fried rice. They managed to cook what seemed like authentic Cantonese food. Unfortunately, my enthusiasm turned into total disappointment on my 2nd delivery order. The guy took my order in a very unprofessional manner- he swore in Cantonese (I am Chinese myself). When the food arrived, the seafood chow fun had only 3 pieces of TINY shrimp & a couple THIN slivers of calamari. Chicken wings app. was overly fried & meat was hard & dry. Hot & sour soup had so much MSG in it that I tasted the powder. On top of that, my order of turnip short cakes were missing. When I called, the same rude guy told me they would deliver it. I called 3x over two hours. They never came. I gave them a 3rd chance - when ordering, I reminded the same, rude employee that they owed me a turnip short cakes and he said he would give me a soup or roll instead. The value of these substitutes are less than what I had paid & I insisted that he give us what we ordered last, which he finally agreed after a lot of arguing. This time we ordered Vegetarian General Tso's Chicken and Shrimp w/ Broccoli in Garlic Sauce - food was very oily (even though I asked for less oil) and ingredients: shrimp, tofu, veggies all had a rotten taste to them. My disappointment turned to disgust. Not another chance!

No comments: